ok, i'm new here and all, anyways on my computer anything to do with hotmail won't work, like if i try to sign in on the hotmail page it says page can not be found, but if anyone tries on my computer it won't work, however if i try on someone's else's computer it works, i can't go on msn messenger or nothing

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

ok, i'm new here and all, anyways on my computer anything to do with hotmail won't work, like if i try to sign in on the hotmail page it says page can not be found, but if anyone tries on my computer it won't work, however if i try on someone's else's computer it works, i can't go on msn messenger or nothing

First of all I would be looking at your cookie settings. Set your security in IE to their defaults & I would even clear all of your cookies out.
Do you have another browser you can use to see if you can sign in with that? If the first tip didn't work, I would be looking to install another browser to try to eliminate the problem. You never know, you might grow to love the second browser.

i have also same prblm

Use Mozilla-Firefox from www.mozilla.org it will work for ww.hotmail.com

for fuck sake, can u please stop flooding in all postats that mozilla will f***ing work? it wont... i have firefox, opera, and IE here on my pc, and none of them will work after i login in hotmail... its some problem with microsoft... i probably have to do those updates on the GDI told in another thread, but since my windows is pirate, i cant update in the windows update center...

btw, anywhere else i can do those updates or smth like that?

You might have a modified HOSTS file with some spyware company or whatever intercepting the traffic for it. The HOSTS file will override the default DNS server responses.

Example:
Hotmail.com resolved to 207.46.245.230 (non spyware, legit hotmail)
Hotmail.com resolved to 66.123.123.1 (spyware company) [only an example to prove point]

I would recommend overwriting the file with THIS one, as it will prevent most spyware and adult sites from working on the computer.

It wouldnt hurt to run a spyware scan too, as this behavior is often attributed to spyware/malware.

Good Luck

You might have a modified HOSTS file with some spyware company or whatever intercepting the traffic for it. The HOSTS file will override the default DNS server responses.

Example:
Hotmail.com resolved to 207.46.245.230 (non spyware, legit hotmail)
Hotmail.com resolved to 66.123.123.1 (spyware company) [only an example to prove point]

I would recommend overwriting the file with THIS one, as it will prevent most spyware and adult sites from working on the computer.

It wouldnt hurt to run a spyware scan too, as this behavior is often attributed to spyware/malware.

Good Luck

Any other choises? Ive had already run my mcafee antivirus, microsoft antispyware, ad-aware... Changed Hosts file with that one (even thou i tried deleting all entries on mine before posting here anyways)... Nothing seems to work...

Thx

*EDIT*
btw, i can reach the hotmail site... i can even login in my acount by going on passport.net... but once i try to go on the mailbox, it just doesnt go

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.