Ok I tried to upgrade to xp pro awhile ago and it didnt work and so then today I tried again using a student version I got. It stops at around 34 or 33 minutes remaining and doesnt do anything. So now I just want to go back to windows XP home and cancel the upgrade. So how would I just cancel it w/o having to reformat my hd and reinstall from the XP home cd.

Boot from the Home CD and install and use option "leave partition intact" no format. not sure if that option is available in home edition but I dont see why not.

Boot from the Home CD and install and use option "leave partition intact" no format. not sure if that option is available in home edition but I dont see why not.

It may say "Leave file system intact" not 100% on the exact wording.

ok well I finally got past the pro install, but I had to use a different version. It isnt illegal because I still used my xp pro code, but now the only thing I dont like is they have a weird welcome screen and I want to change it but dont know how. For some reason the people who put together this version of software likes ashley judd a lil too much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.