Hi,

I keep getting a limited or no connectivity problem with my linksys router and comcast modem. The problem is reoccurring and is temporarily solved by resetting the modem AND the router. I also discovered last night that it sometimes fixes itself. I was online and then lost my connection, receiving the error message "limited or no connectivity". I restarted my laptop but to no avail. I was too tired to go downstairs to reset everything so I went to bed. This morning, my connection was ok. Also, as a side note, I often get an ip address conflict message. It does not seem to effect my connection though. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Member Avatar for Dukane

How many users are connected to the network at any given time? Do you use DHCP? Are you connected by a cable or wirelessly?

if you own the modem from comcast, you can definitely have it checked or replaced. I worked with comcast before. Also, if you are renting the modem with comcast you definitely have a free router. But there is a shipping fee. Then you can have the chat support help you with installation. Have you tried bypassing the router and directly connect the modem to the computer?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.