Hey you guys I have a question about binary representation. I was given two signed binary (SB) number and Im suppose to determine which has the largest magnitude. I get the problem and I dont want any help on it but Im not sure how to read this binary information. This is the actual question from the text:
"Which of the following two signed binary (SB) number has a larger magnitude? Assume the numbers are given in radix complement (RC) form. 1110 1110 & 0001 0011"

This is the first time I encounter a binary sequence that has a space in between. So my question is would this be the equivalent way to read these two signed binary numbers?

Is 1110 1110 = 11101110 ?
Is 0001 0011 = 00010011 ?

Just want to confirm with somebody if this is the correct way in reading these binary numbers, Thank you very much.

Yes, you are reading them correctly. Sometimes you see binary numbers split like that because it makes it easier to convert them to hexadecimal (each 4 bits = 1 hex digit).

Yes, you are reading them correctly. Sometimes you see binary numbers split like that because it makes it easier to convert them to hexadecimal (each 4 bits = 1 hex digit).

Oh I see. Thank you very much.

Oh I see. Thank you very much.

Ohh yes, you are reading it correctly. I think it is true. I m not IT man but have much experience about math

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.