Hi all,
Im very New to My SQL and have done alot of googling and simple studies. I have two Questions:
1. Where can I start with Complete no knowledge of MySQL and databases in general (though i know a little)
2. I have tried to play with MySQL for a time now, but I wonder how can mysql be run in application as standalone server. I have read somewhere that you can run it as DLL server if you call it but I have no idea on what it is done. I want to do that In Python Application. I posted in Python forum but people seem to be not interested in topic.

Thanks alot,
Steve

Start by thinking of simple examples and making them happen. Ie employee with companies tables, students with teachers and classes tables, database design takes time.

Mysql isn't ran from a dll, its a standalone application, that can be accessed through dll's, this can be thought of as connection and objects used by mysql.

If you're using python here's a link to get you started

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Database-Programming-in-Python-Accessing-MySQL/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.