Dearest VB GuRus,

thanks for all your contributions. this time, I have a problem and I need your magnanimous assistance and contributions.

I have developed a a VB Cash-expense application and I am designing a Database using MS-Access to be used as back-end.

I am confused on which fields should BE in the following tables below.

Table1: Department (This table has all the departments that are eligible to receive cash and make purchases.)

Table2: Items (this table has all items that are purchasable by all the departments.)

Table3: Purchases (This table SHOULD record all purchases made by individual departments.)

Table4: ReceiveableCash (This table SHOULD record all receivable cash that comes into the organisation (NOT THE DEPARTMENT).

Table5: PayableCash (This table SHOULD record all financial expenses made to a particular department.)

Table6: Accounts (This table records all the currentBalance, accountName and the AccountCode of different accounts. Every financial transaction is through a particular account.)

Kindly help me on the design of the above tables.

I do not know which fields should be included in the respective tables.

But my conception is:

Department:

DeptID

DeptName

Items:

ItemID

ItemName

Purchases:

PurchaseID

ItemID

PurchaseDate

Amount

PayableCash:

PayID

DeptID

Amount

Date

ReceiveableCash:

ReceiveID

Amount

Date

Accounts:

AcctID

AcctName

CurrBal

I do not know what SHOULD constitutes these table above and I really need your kindest assistance in the design.

Moreover, I also need to know the how to construct an SQL SELECT statement that will retrieve all expenses made.

Thank you.

Eyo Honesty

How come you designed an applications from start to finish without any data testing, then how can you guaranty it works?

Yes very tru @Netcode

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.