I am using Oracle9i for my applications.I want to write my data onto different Hard Drive.
Can AnyOne help me oon this...

can you please specify what exactly you want to do. do u want to write data to any file ???

can you please specify what exactly you want to do. do u want to write data to any file ???

I am working as a PL/SQL developer in a Hospital.When I join the hospital, they had one Server on which Windows 2000 Server was installed on C:/ drive.The Server had 6 drives and the oracle9i was installed on D:/ drive.The remaining 5 drives was spreaded with OracleData.
Now the Hospital has got a new Server on which Windows 2000 Server is installed on C:/ drive. We have installed the oracle9i on D:/ drive and we want our data to be spreaded onto the remaining drives as it was in the case of earlier Server.But the data goes only in the D:/ and not the remaining drives.

Now, I want to know how it was done earlier for the Old Server.
So I would be able to do the same in our New Server .

can you please specify what do you mena by write my data onto different Hard Drive

if oracle was installed on d drive how is it possible that data was in othere drives.

if oracle was intal;led in D drive means database was created there only .so all the data must be stored there not in other drives.

Just add additional datafiles and tablespaces on the other drives.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.