Is there is any function through which i can get specific number of integer like we do through getchar() funtion .I AM USING TURBO C 3.0.HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

How about you describe what you're trying to do? What you're asking for is somewhat nonsensical out of context.

try this

int num = getchar();

char myCharacter = 'A';
printf("%c = %d",myCharacter,myCharacter);

on further review, your question really doesnt make a lot of sense.

what are you asking?

You can always get integers using scanf functions.

you can use getw() & putw() functions to get integers from a file opened in binary mode.

Does this answer your question?

And also putw ( n = getw(stdin), stdout ) will seem to work but wont for a good reson. Find it of yourself by analyzing.

Actually the question is that i want to get a int array but dont specify how much i need in programme , like in getchar function can takes 0 to max size of an array , can i do it with int .

Example is this

char arr[100],i=0;

while((arr=getchar())!='\n')
i++;

so it will take any number of character from 0 to max size until enter is not encountered

but in integer i always want a loop any specific number

for(i=0;i<3;i++)
scanf("%d",&arr);

but my size of array can get 100 integer more and every time i want to come in main programme to specify how much i need

I think every one got it , so please help.

Why dont you loop it till the user inputs 0 or
till the scanf fails.
i.e., scanf ( "%d", addr ) ;
will scan data as far as it is valid inputs like 'x' when scanf expects integer are invaild & scanf will return 0.

Does this answer your question?

>so it will take any number of character from 0 to max size until enter is not encountered
Well, scanf doesn't recognize a newline, so you'll have to use some other method. A generally good one is to signal EOF when you're done by typing Ctrl+Z (Windows) or Ctrl+D (Unix/Linux), then this works:

int a[100];
int i;

for ( i = 0; i < 100; i++ ) {
  if ( scanf ( "%d", &a[i] ) == 0 )
    break;
}

>so it will take any number of character from 0 to max size until enter is not encountered
Well, scanf doesn't recognize a newline, so you'll have to use some other method. A generally good one is to signal EOF when you're done by typing Ctrl+Z (Windows) or Ctrl+D (Unix/Linux), then this works:

int a[100];
int i;

for ( i = 0; i < 100; i++ ) {
  if ( scanf ( "%d", &a[i] ) == 0 )
    break;
}

hey ,
if you are not looking to use any negative values in your array, I mean if you dont want your array to contain any negative value, then use -1 to termiate taking input for array

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.