Hello, I have a program that generates several 1-dimensional arrays that I would like to conduct data analysis on.

I was wondering if there was some sort of python tool (or module, or anything) that could write these arrays to a column of a spreadsheet ( in OpenOffice formatting).

Is there a way to do this, or would my best bet be to write the arrays to a text file, hope the formatting is okay, and copy paste that into OpenOffice.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OpenOffice will import comma delimited text files, or any other delimiter that you care to choose. If there are commas in the data then use something like comma+space+space as the delimiter. Here is a dated link for creating the spreadsheet in python. It refers to StarOffice (or something like that), which is a former incarnation of OpenOffice, so hopefully this still works. http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=8456 Searching the oooforum will probably yield more hits. Hope this gets you started.

Member Avatar for kdoiron

If your array is a list, just create a string for each array using "tab.join(array)", then write the string to a sequential file. Use Excel (or whatever the open-office equivalent is) and import it as a tab-delimited text file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.