I have created a DLL files using C#....

How can i use it in Visual Basic 6.0?

Please help me with this project...can you give me codes for it or step by step procedure

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to register that DLL with windows using the REGSVR32 key and then refer that ddll from Project------> Reference menu of VB IDE.

Next you need to create objects of the class and call its objects.

Thanks for reply debasisdas,...How's that? how can I register my DLL using REGSVR32?

Anyweiz here's the DLL i make from C#:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;

namespace MyDLL
{
    public class Class1
    {
        public int addnumbers(int a, int b)
        {
            return a + b;
        }
    }
}

I just need to call and use it in Visual Basic wherein I can Add numbers when I click a button!....

I've found it easyest to copy the dll to the system32 folder then run the below

get a command prompt (start run cmd)

type in
regsvr32 dllname

copy the dll to system32 folder and then from start----->RUN

execute the command REGSVR32 DLL filename

please send how download the regsvr required .dll file

commented: mindless post -3

its not to download from any where. REGSVR32 file is locataed at your windows drive (like c:\windows\system32\REGSVR32.exe) just you have to double click on dll file or right click and open with then select file from c:\windows\system32\REGSVR32.exe
after confirmation, your file is registered now.
and then refer that dll from Project------> Reference menu of VB IDE.
Next you need to create objects of the class and call its objects.

Enjoy

when i register the dll file using 'project --> references', i got this error message
"Can't add a reference to the specified file."
what's wrong?

Good grief. You're using a C# .NET DLL and trying to place it in VB6?

Maybe you're really trying to place a C or C++ .NET DLL and place it a Visual Basic 6 project? In which case, you're in the wrong forum. Go to the Visual Basic .NET forum.

I don't believe a C++ .NET DLL is compatible with VB6. I've tried this before and have had the same result as you posted: "Can't add a reference to the specified file."

You can create a DLL using the C or C++ programming language to use in VB6. But you have to follow the guidelines for working with VB6. I don't even know that you can create a C# DLL.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.