Hello,

I have got a problem with an initialization.

#define TAB 1000

int table_collision [][TAB];

void function()
{
for(int i=0;i<2;i++)
	{
		for(int j=0;j<TAB;j++)
		{
			table_collision[i][j] = 0;

}
	}

}

When I look each value I see that the initialization doesn't work. For example table_collision[0][0]=20125560
table_collision[0][1]=20133568
table_collision[1][103]=1429512
there are other values that are 0.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advanced!

Member Avatar for jencas

You have to specify both dimensions of the array or you have to use a STL container or something like that. Try std::vector.

with the 2 dimensions I have the same problem, I had proved it before with
int table_collision[2][TAB] and the values are the same.
About the other solution that you propose, I don't know how to use this solution of std, if I write std::vector it says that std is not a class or namespace name

Did you #include <vector> ?
If yes: what compiler are you using?

if I make vector and include<vector> it works, I mean there is no problem with compiling at this line but now I have to change the rest of the code because it was made so it used table_collision[j];
I have thought that I can do the same that I was trying but with 2 vectors and this way I hope I don't have more problems.
Thank you so much!!

I have thought that I can do the same that I was trying but with 2 vectors and this way I hope I don't have more problems.

Yup, nested vectors could be an option. But maps would be even better: tutorial

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.