Hello..

I dont know where to start with my question.

I have a website that displays products (products retrieved from a database).

I use Datalist to display these products and this Datalist is linked to a Command in the C# code.

Within this datalist I have <itemtemplate> </itemtemplate> tags

Between the <itemtemplate> </itemtemplate> tags I have a Google 'Add to Cart' button as follows:

<div class="product"><input value="test" class="product-title" type="hidden"><input value="22.00" class="product-price" type="hidden"><div title="Add to cart" role="button" tabindex="0" class="googlecart-add-button"></div></div>

But what I want to do is replace the 22.00 input value with a Session Variable in my C# code. The session variable 'Session["Session_price"] will need to contain the price of the related product. So when the user clicks on the GOOGLE button that appears repeatetely because of the <itemtemplate> then I want to exececute a Command that will contain the code to connect to my database, retrieve the price of the related product and pass the price to the Google Button.

I have already a Command Argument in place for when the user clicks on a 'More Info' link that I also placed between the <itemtemplate> tags. When the user clicks on the 'More info' link it calls up a Command that contains a code that retrieves the description of the chosen product by filtering the Product Code.

I hope I make sense.

To summarize I want to modify the Google button (that is repeated due to the itemtemplate) as such so it gets the value of the price of a related product that also appears along with the Google Button in the <itemtemplate>.

Thank you in advance. Your help will help me save thousands of times.

I'd suggest you try the asp.net section.. They like web stuff there.

whoops, just noticed I'm in the wrong section

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.