Hi there guys,

So I have two arrays, and each arrays got 5 elements (integers). My goal is to to arrange the elements of each of those arrays in a descending order and save them in a new array.

I started off with bubble sorting each of those arrays and rearranging the elements in a descending sequence. It just seemed reasonable to start with that.

However now, I have to merge those two arrays. I thought it'd be wise to create a new empty array with a size big enough to contain all the elements, but I can't figure out for the life me how to arrange them in a descending order while merging them.

I know I could just transfer all the elements to the new array and then bubble sort it but that seems tedious. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, creating merging the arrays and then sorting the merged array isn't a bad idea because it's simple. But that depends on what you seek - performance or simplicity. Everything is possible to code but depends on your experience and the amount of time to spend doing it.

By the way, I doubt sorting and merging at the same time would be a lot faster than merging and then sorting.

That's just my opinion - accept it or not.

edit: Separated merging could save you some lines of code when implementing other sorting algorithms.

In my opinion, creating merging the arrays and then sorting the merged array isn't a bad idea because it's simple.

I agree, I implemented the aforementioned idea and its working just fine but I am always open to learning new stuff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.