hello

my question would be if som1 can help out with a better prototype than i have for verifying if input is within ascii alphabetic range

what i have now

int betu (char s[]){
int i, jo=0;
for(i=0;i<strlen(s);++i)    {
if(!isalpha (s[i]) && s[i]!=' ' )
return 0;
else
++jo;
}
if(jo==strlen (s))
return 1; }

it gives 1 if sting is letter and space only , 0 if not

i like it because if my project says i musn't accept spaces , i can edit it very easily

however , when verifying a string with non ascii letters like "éíáúűáéóüö" my compiler (vs2010) will give me a kind error , i dont know about TC id be grateful if som1 checked it out tho . i dont need it to accept the non-ascii letters , english alphabet is ok , id be happy if som1 had an idea to make it stop giving an error

other than that it works fine and im very happy with it

Use isascii() function, to check if the character is ascii.

If you want to check for white space characters, you can use isspace() , which is in the same header file (ctype.h) that isalpha() is in.

If you want to check for white space characters, you can use isspace() , which is in the same header file (ctype.h) that isalpha() is in.

yes , i already have that covered , im looking for an array solution , or maybe i should make a new one ....

Since you seem to be getting answers that don't come close to a solution, maybe you need to describe again more clearly and in detail what you are trying to accomplish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.