program takes 2 integers and then finds how many divisors each integer between the original 2 has. then prints out which number has the highest number of divisors.

any help is appreciated. im just starting to learn this stuff

well first of all you need to think out how it should work. So, mathematically how do you find the divisors of a number? Then how would you say that in Python? Effort in effort out around here.

commented: Proper newbie handling, sensei ;) +13

days later and i am still stuck on this...

i know i need to use % when doing the divisors but the % confuses me. what is the exact purpose of the %

i got it to take 2 integers and print them as well as all the integers in between...now im just having trouble putting in to see how many divisors each integer has

HINT: % is the shows the remainder so:

>>>2%2
>>>9%2

so if a number IN THE RANGE OF 1 AND THE GIVEN NUMBER!!!! had a remainder of 1, would it be a divisor? How about if it had a remainder of 0? Now if we wanted to just find out the amount of divisors it had how would we do that? HINT#2: This is likely to be the LENgth of something.

You can also use divmod.

whole, remain = divmod(11, 3)
print whole, remain

You could also be looking prime factors instead of divisor. Prime factors of 12 are 2, 2 and 3, divisors are 1, 2, 4, 6 and 12. You must be clear what is the request.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.