Hi,

I am currently writing a project that will allow the playing of a game of "british squares" in MIPS. Unfortunately it is giving me quite a bit of trouble.

I was wondering if there is a way to set the $ra register to the current location (actually a bit past the current location), without using the "jump and link" command? If it is possible, does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Any help on this is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information!

does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Use this pdf. The $fp and $sp registers are explained in "Procedure Calls"
link
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~larus/HP_AppA.pdf

HI man, I am studying in Georgia Institute of Technology...
IN my computer Organization class we are required to do british
Square game on MIPS>>>
Could you please send me your british square game project on
<email snipped>.

I would really appreciate your help... thank you....

Hi,

I am currently writing a project that will allow the playing of a game of "british squares" in MIPS. Unfortunately it is giving me quite a bit of trouble.

I was wondering if there is a way to set the $ra register to the current location (actually a bit past the current location), without using the "jump and link" command? If it is possible, does it have anything to do with the $sp or the $fp registers? I can't seem to find anywhere information on what these registers actually do.

Any help on this is appreciated. Let me know if you need more information!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.