Hi,

I have a sql statemente but I don't want to display all info in the gridview (c# webforms). How to bind specific columns at runtime on gridview?

Thanks

well, why dont you just select the columns that you want to see, then bind them???

Are you using OLEDB or SQLCommand?

OLEDB:

OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(@"Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + FileAddress.Text + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;MAXSCANROWS=0\"");
   OleDbDataAdapter myCommand = new OleDbDataAdapter(" SELECT [Terminal Numbers] FROM [To be Scheduled$]", conn);

try
      {
        AddTermTable.Clear();
        myCommand.Fill(AddTermTable);
        AddTermGrid.DataSource = AddTermTable;
        QuanCount2.Clear();
        string NumOfDevices = AddTermTable.Rows.Count.ToString();
        ileName = NumOfDevices;
       }

SQLCommand/Connection:

DataSet dsData = new DataSet();
       SqlConnection thisConnection = null;
       thisConnection = new SqlConnection(@"Network Library = DBMSSOCN; Data Source=prl-sql08-01; Initial Catalog=RemoteDownload; integrated security = true");
       SqlCommand thisCommand = thisConnection.CreateCommand();
       dsData.Clear();
       SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter("select Date_Scheduled, count(*) as 'Quantity' from tbl_" + Release.Text + "_DOWNLOAD group by Date_Scheduled order by Date_Scheduled", thisConnection);//" + Release.Text + "
       thisConnection.Open();
       adapter.Fill(dsData);
       AddTermGrid.DataSource = dsData.Tables[0];
       thisConnection.Close();

I have a sql statemente but I don't want to display all info in the gridview (c# webforms). How to bind specific columns at runtime on gridview?

create a datatable and populate it with the columns you need

Ex:

Da

DataTable dtSource = new DataTable;
dtSource.Load(yourDataReader);

DataTable dt = new DataTable();
dt.Collumns.Add("Name", typeof(string));

for (int i=0; i<dtSource.Rows.Count; i++)
{
    dt.Rows.Add(dtSource.Rows[i][1].ToString());
}

and use the dt as datasource for your gridview

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.