Hi, Everyone, i'm here with another problem, I'm working with a windows form where i am adding Panels programmaticaly. With same time when its busy with adding Panels to form I want to work, like- Loading another form or do another command in another form. plz help, here is my code samples,

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

For i As Integer = 0 To 99

Dim B As New Panel
            Dim C As New RichTextBox

Me.Controls.Add(B)

B.BackColor = Color.Coral
            B.Height = 130
            B.Width = 200
            B.Left = ((i Mod 5) * 211) + 30
            B.Top = ((i \ 5) * 141) + 10
            B.Name = i

B.Controls.Add(C)
            C.Name = B.Name + "RTB" + i
            C.Tag = "RTB" + i

Next
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click
        Timer1.Enabled = True
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        If ii < 101 Then
            CircleProgressBar1.Percentage = ii
            ii = ii + 1
        End If

If ii >= 101 Then
            Timer1.Enabled = False
            ii = 1
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        me.hide()
        form2.show()
    End Sub

Now, when i run the program, its continue to add 100 panels as i coded. but same time i cant click on Button1 or Button2. I have to wait for form load completion, taking almost 2/3 mins.
I need a solution to work with Form2 when Form1 continues to load and finish itself on background.
Please help me...

You need to use threadin concept here.. The creating panle should be in a thread and call the thread in form load. When give thread a sleep time so that the form is active and can be used by users. Please read about using thread or background worker on internet for more clear understanding.

Hi, I read about background worker, but not sure how to implement on Object creating. all working with string or integer value, Can you plz explain me a bit on starting point?

I wrote a sample code snippet that demonstrates how to use a BackGroundWorker control. Perhaps that can give you a start. My regular machine (with all the dev tools) is in the shop so that's the best I can do at the moment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.