So i just started my project on a cpu sim , but right of the bat i ran into a problem

#include <cstdlib>
#include <fstream>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

/*
 */
int main(int argc, char** argv) 
{

return 0;
}
void cpu()
{

}
void memory()
{
    int memArray[1000];
    ifstream infile;
    infile.open("program.txt");

}

my ifstream is having trouble, i think it has to do with the headers but i dont know how to fix this , am kind of bearly picking up c++ again.
So any help is appriciated, ok between using netbeans ide, and i also already tried this with vi and the error i got is that "ifstream was not declated on the scope" or something along those lines, any help?

Your code seems fine, it might be how you setup the environment. How'd you set up your environment? I haven't used netbeans in years. But typically in any ide, there is an option to create a C++ project. Did you try to run a simple hello-world program and see if that works:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main(){
  cout << "TEST" << endl;
  return 0;
}

i was able to fix this, apearantly after i compiled it it fixed the problem, i still dont understand why in vi it dint work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.