Dim cmd As New OleDbCommand
    Dim sSQL As String = String.Empty
    Dim arrImage() As Byte
    Dim myMs As New IO.MemoryStream
    Dim bSaveImage As Boolean = False
    Dim strImg As String = String.Empty

Try
        If Not IsNothing(Me.pic1.Image) Then
            Me.pic1.Image.Save(myMs, Me.pic1.Image.RawFormat)
            arrImage = myMs.GetBuffer
        Else
            arrImage = Nothing
        End If
        'get connection string declared in the Module1.vb and assing it to conn variable
        con = New OleDbConnection(Get_Constring)
        con.Open()
        cmd.Connection = con
        cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text
        'I just use the textbox tag property to idetify if the data is new or existing.
        If Me.txtFacultyName.Tag = 0 Then
            sSQL = "INSERT INTO faculty ( FacultyName, Course, Address, Image)"
            sSQL = sSQL & "  VALUES(@FacultyName, @Course, @Address, @Image)"
            cmd.CommandText = sSQL
        Else
            sSQL = "UPDATE faculty set FacultyName = @FacultyName, Course =  @Course, Address = @Address, Image =  @Image where FacultyID = @ID"
            cmd.CommandText = sSQL
        End If

cmd.Parameters.Add("@FacultyName", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = IIf(Len(Trim(Me.txtFacultyName.Text)) > 0, Me.txtFacultyName.Text, DBNull.Value)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@Course", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = IIf(Len(Trim(Me.cbocourse.Text)) > 0, Me.cbocourse.Text, DBNull.Value)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@Address", OleDbType.VarChar).Value = IIf(Len(Trim(Me.txtaddress.Text)) > 0, Me.txtaddress.Text, DBNull.Value)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@Image", OleDbType.Binary).Value = IIf(Not IsNothing(arrImage), arrImage, DBNull.Value)
        cmd.Parameters.Add("@ID", OleDbType.Numeric).Value = Me.txtFacultyName.Tag
        cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

'If the record is new then we have to get its ID so that we can edit it rightaway after the insertion.
        If Me.txtFacultyName.Tag = 0 Then
            cmd.CommandText = "Select @@Identity"
            'Set textbox tag property with the ID of new record
            Me.txtFacultyName.Tag = cmd.ExecuteScalar()
        End If
        MsgBox("Data has been save.")

Catch ex As Exception
        MsgBox(ErrorToString)
    Finally
        con.Close()
    End Try

Whats Wrong with the Code

For parameterized queries using OleDb you have to use the syntax

sSQL = "INSERT INTO faculty (FacultyName, Course, Address, Image)" _
     & "  VALUES(?,?,?,?)

and you have to ensure that the parameters are added in the same order as they appear in the fields list. If you use SqlDb then you can use the @param format and add the parameters by name in any order.

same error sir:((

When you insert a new record you don't have an existing FacultyID value. I suppose you've declared FacultyID as Identity/Autonumber value so you shouldn't try to insert in that field anything.

Move line 37 between lines 29 - 30. After that your code accesses FacultyID only when the record exists and therefore that field does have a value.

HTH

ssql="INSERT INTO faculty ( FacultyName, Course, Address, Image)VALUES(@FacultyName, @Course, @Address, @Image)"
try this Or if u want to new code to strore image in to database then i ill give u new code

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.