Hi
i just export my project on ubuntu and when i run from terminal
i have this error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
and in my project the mysql connector is located in the desktop..
any solution please

Your classpath needs to contain an entry that refers to the jar or folder that contains the missing class (in a folder structure that matches the package names)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
    <classpathentry excluding="src/" kind="src" path=""/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6"/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" patmysql-connector-java-5.1.3h="/home/sam/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.30/1/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

i have change it from <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="/home/sam/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.30/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar"/> to /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar
and still not working

Do you have read permission for the file and/or the directory (for world too)? Also, you have the .jar file in /usr/share/java directory?

Also, this post may relate to your problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.