hi all,
i know this seems to be silly 4u guyz-but im finding it very hard(to figure out,what might b the result)....can anyone plz help m out...(for .net(1.0),vs.net(2003),vb.net)
1)can anyone tell m -how to make a copy of an exisitng webproject...
2)if i download project from website& i want to run that particular project(in my .net 2003)-then do i have to store that project in m local inetpub& wwwroot& exicute it(by opening project)...
3)if i click on say(webform1.aspx or webform1.aspx.vb)-whch is present in project(that i downloaded).but when i click on webform1.aspx-i get only html-codin part(but i cant see,design part.means how textbox,buttons..appears on page...)

can anyone plz tell mm asap....

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Isn't this an asp.net question? Should it be asked in the asp.net forum?

Hi,

Click on Design and u will get the design Part (if u have designed the WebForm)

But if u have downloaded from the WEB and want to open the Design window, u cannot do that, bcoz only HTML part is downloaded, .aspx's Form Design part will not be downloaded..

Regards
Veena

veena thnks 4 quick reply,
but wht if,i want to view-hw the particular downloaded prjct wrks?
And wht abt the prjct copied from within system,which all the files du i have to copy-2 make m prjct wrk

Hi Preetham,

Whatever u download from Web, Just comes with HTML format, If u have the Complete Source Code of the project, then only u can View the Design and How can see how it works..

Regards
Veena

yes i do have complete source-code-i mean i downloaded a project from source-code website.In that particular project it has(.aspx page,.aspx.vb page,global.asax,webconfig file).but when i click on .aspxpage-i can view only html-coding part but not the design part.
why is this-i hope now ur clear wth m queries?

hI,

U NEED .aspx.vb to view the design.. if u have it then,
AT THE BOTTOM OF HTML U CANT SEE THE "DESIGN" LINK...?

-VEE

hi,
I cant view the design part-thats what im tellin u!!And is there any version -conflicts between(visual studio-2003& 2005,i mean the code written in 2003 will work in 2005 or visversa ?)...
thanks,
preetham

Hi

what version of .Net u r having..?
u can open version 2003 in 2005, but not the reverse case.

Regards
Veena

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.