Q.
A number system is a way to represent numbers. The number system that we use in our day-to-day life is the decimal number system. Decimal number system has base 10 as it uses 10 digits from 0 to 9. In decimal number system, the successive positions to the left of the decimal point represent units, tens,
hundreds, thousands and so on. Other common number systems include base-16 (hexadecimal), base-8 (octal), and base-2 (binary). When we type some letters or words, the computer translates them in numbers as computers can understand only numbers. A computer can understand positional number system where there are only a few symbols called digits and these symbols represent different values depending on the position they occupy in the number. A value of each digit in a number can be determined using:
 The digit
 The position of the digit in the number
 The base of the number system (where base is defined as the total number of digits available in the number system).

Implement a class hierarchy in C++ with Number System as a base class and four derived classes to represent each of the four number systems (binary,decimal,octal,hexa decimal. Use this class hierarchy to implement a Number Conversion Calculator.

B. Your calculator should have following features:
 Take a number (in any of the four bases) and be able to convert it into specified base.
 To add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers (in any of the four bases) using operator overloading.

Now I have done the conversion part but the problem is that I have done it without usinh inhertance.So Please help me.I need this code given in the file along with the Questionconverted in hirarichical inheritance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.