Hello, I am a programmer, but I stopped a long time ago due to the situation in our country, and I want to work again. Please help me with some money to buy your brother’s laptop from Syria.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't have a brother in Syria, let alone one with a laptop, let alone a brother.

commented: If I am in need from Syria +0
commented: :) +15

The thing is, when I work for a company I expect the company to provide the tools for the job. If you work as a programmer for a company they supply such things.

The last work I did used a heck of a PC. It was a laptop with the Core i9 CPU, 32GB RAM, the RTX 3070 GPU and all SSD. I think it was expensive but since it was a company owned laptop, I didn't have to pay for it.

Why can’t you use the computer you’re using to type this message?

commented: Excellent point. With today's cloud based IDEs and more, it doesn't take much to write code and test. +17
commented: Indeed +15

The thing is, when I work for a company I expect the company to provide the tools for the job. If you work as a programmer for a company they supply such things.

That’s definitely not always the case, especially if you are working as a contractor.

Secondly, it seems he just wants to get his skills back up and build up his resume. I think the assumption is that he’s not currently hireable.

commented: As time passed I found I could negotiate better. I don't mind using my own gear but once they want me to install their apps, they supply it all. +0

What skills are you planning to work on?

commented: What current skills do you currently possess? +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.