I am trying to move a website from an other server to one of our servers.
I am not familiar with ASP. Teh website is asp and visual basic. The database is mysql.
I have imported the database in Mysql server and I have loaded the code to iis6. I also loaded asp.net 2.0. I dont know if I needed it..
Can somebody tell me how or were in the code I get the asp code connect to Mysql...
Do I have to setup ODBC? I am not able to find the connection code...

something like this would work. Please put in your userid and password, if you have them, in the correct spots. If your server isn't local [localhost], change the server portion to your server ip where MySQL is located:

Dim conn 

Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 
conn.Provider = "DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; SERVER=localhost; DATABASE=; UID=;PASSWORD=; OPTION=3"

conn.Open

If you have a problem and cannot connect, try removing "OPTION=3" from the Provider string. It can cause difficulties sometimes.

And no, you didn't need ASP.NET, as it is a separate technology.

And no, you didn't need ASP.NET, as it is a separate technology.

I thank you for your responce it did work.
I had already realized that asp and asp.net are difierent!

Well, if it's possible for you, move it to asp.net. It's much more efficient and easier to update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.