Hello Im looking for a real simple way, if possible with no databases involved, to send an email to a hosting account on godaddy. I believe they use smtp.secureserver.net for the smtp server. I have a form that asks for the persons name and their email..I am later going to make some sortof mailing list, So if you know of a easily integratable mailing list app let me know.

Thanks In advance for any help offered

The chances are quite good they already configured the server for you, so you can simply send a mail.
HAve a look at this function to send an email; http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

Example:

<?php
$mail['to'] = 'person@domain.suffix';
$mail['from'] = 'you@' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '.suffix';
$mail['subject'] = 'Newsletter';
$mail['message'] = "Hello,\r\n\r\nHow are you?";
$mail['message'] .= "\r\n\r\nUntil Later\r\nYour Team";
$mail['header'] = "From: \"Your Team\" <" . $mail['from'] . ">\r\n";

$mail['status'] = @mail($mail['to'], $mail['subject'], $mail['message'], $mail['header']);
if ($mail['status'] == false) {
    echo 'Failed to send mail to ' . $mail['to'] . '.<br>Error: ' . error_get_last();
    exit;
}
else {
    echo 'Sent mail to ' . $mail['to'] . ' with no errors.';
    continue;
}
?>
commented: Very Helpful +6

Ah, the gdform. I tried for over a week to send mail through GoDaddy. My client had the small to medium sized business plan. I would test the code on different servers and it would work, but when I'd move it onto the GoDaddy machine, it would fail. I wound up making a page using php_info() and found that mail, along with many other functions were disabled on the server. If you haven't yet done so, create a php_info page and have a look.

It appears that mail is enabled from what I can tell because the phpinfo lists send_mail and smtp info. I havent tried out the code yet but I will soon.

That code worked perfectly thanks fert.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.