hai i have used adrotator in top of the page and left i have link buttons which is in panel .
Then right i have iframe..tat iframe shows the page which is clicked by link button. but my adrotator picture is not changing.but when i refresh the page its changed..
so tel me the solution for changing the adrotator picture . i have given impression also
and i have used
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2">
this is t working .but the problem is when the page is refreshed,then the whole page is refreshed.but i need that adrotator alone should refreshed
so pls help me for this.

Thank you,

use timer control in ajax.with updatepanel ....i.e place adrotator in updatepanel...and for timer targetcontrol id as updatepanel triger evnt as pagelaod( tick something is there ) so page will not be refressed bt ad rotator will change its ads.....
mistakes are common.let me know if i make a mistake.thank u........

use timer control in ajax.with updatepanel ....i.e place adrotator in updatepanel...and for timer targetcontrol id as updatepanel triger evnt as pagelaod( tick something is there ) so page will not be refressed bt ad rotator will change its ads.....
mistakes are common.let me know if i make a mistake.thank u........

i do no how to use ajax.so can u help me to do this....

That requires too much. Your best bet is to just change the picture through javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//
function chnge()
{
document.getElementById("adRotator").src = "newimagepath";

//If you wish, put all your images in a folder
//that have similar names like:
//img001, img002, img003, img004
//Then take a random number, and check
//for certain ranges, like: if Less than 10,
//add two zeros in front of number. If less
//than 100, add one zero.

setTimeout("chnge()", 10000);

//This timout just calls the function every
//10 seconds. 1000 MS = 1 second,
//10,000 = 10 sec.
}
-->
</script>

That requires too much. Your best bet is to just change the picture through javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--//
function chnge()
{

//If you wish, put all your images in a folder
//that have similar names like:
//img001, img002, img003, img004
//Then take a random number, and check
//for certain ranges, like: if Less than 10,
//add two zeros in front of number. If less
//than 100, add one zero.

setTimeout("chnge()", 10000);

//This timout just calls the function every
//10 seconds. 1000 MS = 1 second,
//10,000 = 10 sec.
}
-->
</script>

hi,
in this place u gave some picture path..but i gave 3 pictures in adrotator (XML File).
if i give like this after 10 seconds once this image only get refreshed ...ten wat abt the remaining pictures.....

can u suggest me which pic i should give for src................

Thank you,

hi,
in this place u gave some picture path..but i gave 3 pictures in adrotator (XML File).
if i give like this after 10 seconds once this image only get refreshed ...ten wat abt the remaining pictures.....

can u suggest me which pic i should give for src................[in which event i have to write.......]

Thank you,

I sent you a PM, if it works, place the code you used and solve the thread, if not, let me know your situation and I'll attempt to solve it for you.

Response.AppendHeader("Refresh", "10; URL=YOUR URL")

Place this in Page load, and for evry 10 sec. u r page gets refreshed.

The ajax timer is a right approach. Easy and nice the complete page will not referesh.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.