Hi everyone,

Don't know for sure if this is the right place to post the question, but it goes:

I'm starting a JSP project and I'm having some difficulties with Tomcat/Java configuration.

I'm using:
- apache-tomcat-6.0.16
- java_ee_sdk-5_05-windows

Directory where the code is located: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\lw\
Directory where the beans are: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT\lw\classes (Here is the a directory called BD and a directory called beans).

-BD directory: with the class to connect with database.
-beans directory: Has java files with the rest of the code.

The problem is the follow:
I can't import "ligacao_bd.java" (import bd.ligacao_bd.* but it gives me an error: "package.bd.ligacao_bd does not exist"

I'm desperate for a solution.
Thanks in advance.

Firstly thanks.
But the problem keeps happening. The import statement is still underlined (red) and keeps saying that package does not exist.

My file structure is fine now.. so I can't understand the problem.

if it says it doesn't exist, it doesn't exist. So you're missing those classes or don't have them in the right place.
NEVER try to second-guess error messages, they're correct (if sometimes a bit cryptic, which this one isn't).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.