hi ,
how to show the pop up window in asp.net web application when ever a new entry is entered. like here wheneven we got private msg it shows u have a new private msg like tat i need the pop up or msg box for particular id. so pls help me to do this

thankyou in advance

look into using the ModalPopupExtender from the ajaxtoolkit. It really is great and stops all the cross browser nonsense of manually coding javascript popups. ModalPopup Example

but i dont knw abt ajax..so can u help with out ajan is there any way to create pop up ...
if so let me knw..
thank you once again

Yep, you can try calling a specific function every one minute or so that checks if an entry is made and gives an alert if true.

Hope this is what is required.

ya i have a method to fil the data grid when ever the new entry is entered. so automatically every 1 minute it ll be updated. but wat i need is to show the alert box when ever the new entry is entered in database. like u have one new entry and 2 new entry ...
pls help me to do

ya i have a method to fil the data grid when ever the new entry is entered. so automatically every 1 minute it ll be updated.

Can you tell me how you are doing this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.