Can anyone provide me some tips on user management using php? What do you consider to go about registering users and allowing them to login.?

More info is needed for an accurate response, speaking generically, you need a database, which will store a username, user ID and a password at minimum (A user ID isn't actually essential, but indexing a text field takes more time than indexing an integer field)

Further than that, depends entirely on what the site is for, and until you have a database structure drawn up, I wouldn't even bother thinking about a management script.

You have asked a very vague question, the best apporach would be to search the internet: link 1 link 2, then get a script going and ask specific questions if you encounter problems.

ouch on link 1 and link 2. I guess I just really have no idea where to even begin. I have an idea for a website, and I know how to do a lot of it now, but I don't really know where to start. I'll have to do some research. Thanks for the reply though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.