Hi All,

I have used eval function before this. But I am not sure why this one is not working for me.

I do have one function which returns me some filter string. It returns string something like this.

AND TM_ID=$row_tMain[TM_ID] AND TM_DATE=$row_tMain[TM_DATE]

I want to use this string in my query something like this.

$sql="SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE TM_ID > 2000 ".$filterString;

Here $filterString is my string returned from the function as above example.

But when I run the page it gives error that

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[TM_ID] AND TM_DATE=$row_testMain[TM_DATE]'

My row variable's name is fix as row_tMain but i m unable to evaluate it as value in my query string any idea ?? :(

How can I achieve this without the eval or with eval.

Thanks In Advance
Shariq

Well as you pointed out (probably without realising it), the array values are not stored in the variable and instead the actual name/code of the array is stored in the variable of your first code box. So try making the sql variable the following:

$sql='SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE TM_ID > 2000 AND TM_ID='.$row_tMain[TM_ID].' AND TM_DATE='.$row_tMain[TM_DATE];
//or the following two lines:
$filterString='AND TM_ID='.$row_tMain[TM_ID].' AND TM_DATE='.$row_tMain[TM_DATE];

Well as you pointed out (probably without realising it), the array values are not stored in the variable and instead the actual name/code of the array is stored in the variable of your first code box. So try making the sql variable the following:

$sql='SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE TM_ID > 2000 AND TM_ID='.$row_tMain[TM_ID].' AND TM_DATE='.$row_tMain[TM_DATE];
//or the following two lines:
$filterString='AND TM_ID='.$row_tMain[TM_ID].' AND TM_DATE='.$row_tMain[TM_DATE];

Thanks for reply,

Here my concern is the $filterString comes from a function in which i have to do some juggling of the string and this resultant string is used in many places. I can not put row_tMain value statically.

I need to add row_tMain 's value dynamically as per my query thats why I was trying with eval.

For clarification
at one time

$filterString's value might be

AND TM_ID=1000 AND TM_DATE=2009-08-10

or

AND TM_ID=2000 AND TM_DATE=2008-08-08

so i can not add row_tMain Directly into the query .

Hope this is clear

Thanks
Shariq

Thanks cwarn,

I have done little change in my code and make the row_tMain variable global and my function was able to put the value directly and no need to eval it.

Hurray :)

Thanks all for your kind reply.
Shariq

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.