has anyone installed wordpress on a joomla website and tried to integrate users?
Im weighing up the pro's and cons of doing this to a couple of sites, I dont need the users to be integrated just yet, but it is something I think might come up in the future so trying to plan ahead.
so any idea's, suggestions?

Member Avatar for nileshgr

If we design something like all apps using an Authentication API. The API of each application can be configured to use a common userbase.

has anyone installed wordpress on a joomla website and tried to integrate users?
Im weighing up the pro's and cons of doing this to a couple of sites, I dont need the users to be integrated just yet, but it is something I think might come up in the future so trying to plan ahead.
so any idea's, suggestions?

Try this bridge. I don't know if user's are integrated or not.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/blog/6659

However, it shouldn't be that hard to do with a custom Joomla Plugin. Joomla has events triggered for user registration, authentication, etc. So you can register the user across from Joomla to Wordpress, and/or integrate authentication.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.