hello...i am using wamp server.
i donot know how to rewrite url. i dont have a bit of knowledge to use .htaccess.
please tell me how to write. first of all can we change any thing in apache2 folder which is server?
and next i was directly placed .htaccess.txt file in the root directory. but it is not working. any body plz help me how to do?

First see if mod rewrite is enabled in wamp.(just click on the wamp server icon, and enable this apache module)

i was rewrote urls in htaccess. all working fine in my localhost. but it is not working fine in server.here is my code.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.xyz.com$
RewriteRule ^$ index.php [L]
RewriteRule ^index index.php [L]
RewriteRule ^aboutus  aboutus.php [L]
RewriteRule ^category/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+[^.]+)$ cat_product.php?name=$1 [NC]
RewriteRule ^brands/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+[^.]+)$ brand_product.php?bname=$1 [NC] 
RewriteRule ^carriers/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+[^.]+)$ categories_name.php?cname=$1 [NC]                                
RewriteRule ^manufacturers/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+[^.]+)$ categories_name.php?mname=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^([^-]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+[^.]+)$ product_info.php?catname=$1&itemno=$2 [NC]

i wrote like this. it is working fine in localhost.
in server redirecting problem except index,aboutus pages. getting 404 error.

The requested URL /cells/cat_product.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.