i dont know if im suppose to post it here or in the C# form, but since im using it in a ASP.NET projet ... i'll write it here.

how can i send an SMS from a PC to a phone, and in details please, explaining EVERY step
thanks you.
and is it free?

For this you need to use some SMS gateways and for this you need to pay amount. It's not free. Visit below link it has nice example..

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SendingSMS.aspx

i dont know if im suppose to post it here or in the C# form, but since im using it in a ASP.NET projet ... i'll write it here.

how can i send an SMS from a PC to a phone, and in details please, explaining EVERY step
thanks you.
and is it free?

You need a SMS gateway, they are not free, the is clickatell.com , they will expose a web service and you will consume a webservice that has methods to send an sms, but you need to buy the sms bundles

i dont know what you mean my 'sms gateway'.

to tell you my resorces ...
i have a phone ... and internet. thats it.

i read around and i read that there is a free way, but the telephone company don't tell you that its free. i read that its free through a service.

i think thats what i understood from that. but wasnt sure, so i posted this.

and rohand ---> i already read that but it ddnt help me alot

thanks 4 replying

in which country as you ? There are some other webservices that are exposed and they are avaiable in certain countries not all and they have limited credit because everyone uses them, so i will conclude by saying you can send an sms for free , you need a gateway , and a gateway can only be provided by Service Providers like your web hosting company, Mobile Company and other Sms gateway Service Provider like

www.bulksms.com

www.Clickatell.com

i have looking for a way to attract uses to send free sms's for my site, since i am in South Africa , that was not possible , the only way is to but Sms bundles.

Hope i helped

The following link will help you.
Link

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.