I want to be able to open a new window with simple html, like this: <a href="file.htm" target="_blank">click here</a> I want to then put javascript in the header of that new file that takes off attributes such as toolbars or scrollbars. This has to be possible.

Thanks.

Research the JavaScript "window.open()" method. You can do everything you've asked via the parameters for that method.

I want to be able to open a new window with simple html, like this: <a href="file.htm" target="_blank">click here</a> I want to then put javascript in the header of that new file that takes off attributes such as toolbars or scrollbars. This has to be possible.

Thanks.

Sure can :)

example grabbed quickly from my web page.... :)

<script type="text/javascript" >
    <!--
    function launch(newURL, newName, newFeatures, orgName) {
    var remote = open(newURL, newName, newFeatures);
    if (remote.opener == null)
    remote.opener = window;
    remote.opener.name = orgName;
    return remote;
  }
    function wow() {
    myRemote = launch("[i]lots[/i].html", "myRemote", "height=380,width=480,innerHeight=580,innerWidth=500,screenX=10,left=10,screenY=20,top=20,channelmode=0,dependent=1,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,status=0,toolbar=0", "wow");
    }
    function launchwin() {
    myRemote = launch("[i]blogroll[/i].html", "myRemote", "height=580,width=500,innerHeight=580,innerWidth=500,screenX=100,left=100,screenY=100,top=100,channelmode=0,dependent=1,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,status=0,toolbar=0", "dx");
    }
// -->
</script>

sorry this is quick and dirty but with the time difference and the work hrs, I am fading... (this might help)

Thanks for the help. I got a solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.