Please please please i need a bit of help, with setting my php site layouts. I have decided to use tables instead of page frames for various reasons.

I am now however having some problems with getting my page to display as I wish, so if anyone could please give advice.

O.K here's the index page (This page consist of the tables layout >> header, left panel, middle section, right panel, and the footer).

This is the coding of the middle section, which automatically calls the homepage.php and displays it.

echo '<td bgcolor="#ffffff">';

$call= changelocation('homepage');

function changelocation($location)
{
switch ($location)
{
case 'homepage': include('homepage.php');
break;
case 'category': include ('category.php');
break;
}

The first part of this works fine. but when i change the value of $location from another page as shown below:

$position = 'category';
changelocation($position);

it does displays the category.php but it displays the result outside the table.

I am really confused. I have tried diffrent approaches and just can't get it to work.

is there any suggestion or alternative way of working with pages layout?.

what i am trying to do is get the category.php to display and get rid of homepage.php showing. but instaed both pages are still displaying. (homepage.php in the middle section and category.php outside the table, after the page footer)..

I think you'r are including a complete webpage. Remember it's not valid to have several html, head and body elements.

just check the source of you category.php file

greetz Olaf

no there's no head or footer or body in my category page. plus this is a . php page.
i just need some advice on changing the display of the middle section from one php page to a next. is there aslternative way of doing this?

$call= changelocation('homepage');

function changelocation()
{
switch ($_REQUEST['location'])
{
case 'homepage': include('homepage.php');
break;
case 'category': include ('category.php');
break;
}

Looks like you don't have register_globals enabled. So you should use $_GET or $_REQUEST. Try the code above. Hope it solves your problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.