Ok i dont know if im posting this on the right thread, but i assumed PHP can do this. I need to optimize my website for mobile phones. The saddest thing is my web host does not support .htaccess, when i contacted them, they asked me convert the rules to web.config (of which i dont know how to do) they went on to say even so, not all rules will successfully be converted. So im truly stuck. I have approximately 3 days to convert my website (which is my final year project) to mobile. Anyone please assist?

Member Avatar for diafol

You don't need php for this. Use media queries and responsive design. This way you don't end up creating a separate mobile site. A grid design is useful for this e.g. 960gs.

You don't need php for this. Use media queries and responsive design. This way you don't end up creating a separate mobile site. A grid design is useful for this e.g. 960gs.

dont you have a link where i can find a detailed tutorial on how to do this?

Member Avatar for diafol

Google 'responsive design media query'...

Google 'responsive design media query'...

What i can suggest you is this

all you need to do is add media query which you already know but i can share a link which i have got when i was in the same problem

An Example of the site is..

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/bobleah/entry/code_example_of_responsive_web_design_using_css3_media_queries13?lang=en

just go through this page and i am sure you will understand the remaining...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.