hai friends,

i cannot create the message box. the syntax i used is "MessageBox" . it gives the errror that namespace system.windows is not found. i searched with System.Windows i cannot found anything there.
so plz help

msgbox?

what messagebox? This is asp.net ... web pages.. what messagebox? message box is in windows forms projects not web pages.

Do you want to pop up a message to a user? you can use the javascript alert. Are you sure you understand the concept of asp.net? If not say so and we will try and explain it a bit

f1_fan is right
u can use msgbox in asp.net coz it will run on the server and not on the client side.
u can use alert fuction in the javascript, coz its client-side.

sorry, i mean "u can't use msgbox"

ok, i manage it. thanks for ur reply

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("");

System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show("Voter is added to Voter List Sucessfully");

There is no message box in asp.net.
You can use this one.

Page pageCurr = HttpContext.Current.Handler as Page;
        if (pageCurr != null)
        {
            ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(pageCurr, pageCurr.GetType(), "aKey", "alert('" + "you message" + "');", true);
        }

use this instead of msgbox

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "OhNo", "alert('Your Message');", True)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.