I am working on a website where I have 2 php pages.

1st page: addfb.php
2nd page: fbadded.php

Now, "addfb.php" contains a form with a text field and a submitt button with form action method set to "fbadded.php"

Now whenever I click submit button on addfb.php, instead of going to fbadded.php, I am receiving one error which is like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /fbadded.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.16 Server at myblogis.in Port 80

I have several such forms on other pages but I don't get such sort of error on those pages.

Please help!

Check if the path is not wrong in the action attribute of the form tag, it seems the document is not found: Additionally, a 404 Not Found error...

you need to change the access-rights(permissions) of the file
this is a unix command see this

chmod 664 fbadded.php

some ftp programs also have the posbilety to do this

the 404 is because apache tries to load a error page it can't find

Check if the path is not wrong in the action attribute of the form tag, it seems the document is not found: Additionally, a 404 Not Found error...

The path i gave is correct ... :(

you need to change the access-rights(permissions) of the file
this is a unix command see this

chmod 664 fbadded.php

some ftp programs also have the posbilety to do this

the 404 is because apache tries to load a error page it can't find

I even tried this.. but no success!!! :(

Just some questions:
what is the permission of that file?
also check the permission on the dir that its in?
is the dir above the webroot?
are you asked to provide a password?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.