Hi,

I am a complete beginner with web hosting so apologies if the solution to this is blatantly obvious.

Somebody set up my PC so when I got to localhost in a browser I get a webpage they created. I want to host that from here. I downloaded Wampserver 2.2 and opened the port 8080. When I go to my ip : 8080 I keep getting the Wampserver configuration page instead of the localhost page. How can I get the localhost page to display instead?

If you installed (another) wamp, then you'll need to copy his files to the wamp\www folder.

Hi thanks for the reply, could you explain in more detail. I am a complete novice

I assume your friend installed some webserver, and you installed another one (wampserver). If you want his pages on your installation you need to copy a folder to wamp/www. I cannot tell you which folder to copy because you haven't said what your friend installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.