I am using asp and ms access in iis, server. my problem is when i am testing it in my pc it working fine but when i upload the page in server it is not working.
[asp]
<%
Dim adoCon
Dim rsAddComments
Dim strSQL
adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")adoCon.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("guestbook.mdb")

Set rsAddComments = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
strSQL = "SELECT tblComments.Name, tblComments.Comments FROM tblComments;"
rsAddComments.CursorType = 2
rsAddComments.LockType = 3
rsAddComments.Open strSQL, adoCon
rsAddComments.AddNew
rsAddComments.Fields("Name") = Request.Form("name")
rsAddComments.Fields("Comments") = Request.Form("comments")
rsAddComments.Update
rsAddComments.Close
Set rsAddComments = Nothing
Set adoCon = Nothing
Response.Redirect "guestbook.asp"
%>
[/asp]

can any1 help me where is the error in this code?:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What error are you getting? That will narrow down the range of possible answers we need to give you.

What error are you getting? That will narrow down the range of possible answers we need to give you.

its not showing any error msg. just showing a msg that
"There is a problem with the page you are tring to reach, cannot display the page":rolleyes:

You need to change the settings in your browser so that the entry for 'Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages' is unchecked.

In IE navigate to:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced : scroll down to the Browsing section and uncheck the checkbox for 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'.

Apply that, reload the page and you should get a much more meaningfull error message.

You need to change the settings in your browser so that the entry for 'Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages' is unchecked.

In IE navigate to:
Tools > Internet Options > Advanced : scroll down to the Browsing section and uncheck the checkbox for 'Show friendly HTTP error messages'.

Apply that, reload the page and you should get a much more meaningfull error message.

thanks buddy the problem is solved.:lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.