In terms of performance, which is the best jQuery CDN to use? The one at cdnjs.cloudflare.com, googleapis.com, jsDelivr, code.jquery.com, etc?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I just came across this article, which seems to be good: https://hostingcrown.com/jquery-cdn

It says that the official jQuery CDN is not recommended for Asian countries due to high latency. That's the one we're using, and we get a lot of India traffic, so good thing I'm switching. I can't decide between Cloudflare and Google.

Hi Dani,

did you see the speed comaprisons here, might help you to determine what will work for you.

it looks like jsdlvr is the worst...

The article you linked to seems to be different from what I've read elsewhere in other articles. It says jsDelivr is inconsistent, but other articles I've come across have said they're the most consistent. Sigh.

Google's Libraries API CDN (a.k.a. Google Ajax API CDN)

Microsoft's Ajax CDN.

Media Temple's ProCDN (the authority "jQuery CDN")

Google facilitated library is the most well known jQuery CDN which is serving 45% of the jQuery records on the web. Indeed, even with its high traffic, the CDN is extremely quick and steady for a large portion of the areas. It is controlled by the Google cloud stage and gives around 100% uptime every month.

Since starting this thread, I’ve given up on using CDNs almost completely. Nearly all our third-party resources are served in-house now, although our website runs through Cloudflare as a whole.

The decision came when I read some articles a few months back about how a security change in Chrome and other web browsers will keep all assets siloed to a particular domain. That kinda makes the idea of using a CDN in case the end-user already downloaded the asset as the result of a different website they visited obsolete.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.