I am practicing to make GSAP animated websites but i am facing this problem of slow loading of my website for example slow loading images and fonts. It will be really helpful if somebody can help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Share an example because nothing at pixabulousdesigns seemed slow. The page loaded in less than half a second here.

Use a CDN to load your images and fonts. I recommend Cloudflare, which has a free version, but you can also use Fastly or one of the other popular options out there. Also, limit the amount of heavy Javascript you're using.

commented: Regarding the server hostinger's premium plan, I saw that it didn't include a CDN choice. What do you think we need to use a CDN? +3
  1. Your Hosting server (CPU, RAM, HDD)
  2. Your Hosting server's internet bandwidth
  3. Your Client computer(CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD)
  4. Your Client computer's internet bandwidth

Check the size of the files in your browsers developer tools - Network - should tell you how long it takes to download and theres an analysis tab to check how the page performs overall - how long it takes to process the code, download etc.

Download speed is the bandwidth, is either your computer or the server - one is bottlenecking - it could also be a computer on your local network or some in-between point if you are on some unusual intranet.

latency(how long it waits for a response) is how long the server takes to process the request (CPU, RAM, HDD)

The processing of the code is your local computer (CPU, GPU, RAM - probably not the HDD but might make your OS slow)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.