Just to let you know, I'm not here advertising anything, I just need some help. On the forums that I have whenever you login, you can check a box that lets you stay logged in. But it doesnt let you stay logged in. Sometimes it will just log you out for no reason and I don't know how to fix this. Can anybody help me?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It sounds like a cookie problem. Are you using vBulletin, phpBB, invision power board, or your own creation? Also, are you using session IDs in the url?

I'm using Invision Power Board and I had a friend host me but he doesn't know anything about IPB, he just knows how to use auto installer lol. It's happened to everybody that is on forums. They get logged out periodically.

I've never used Invision so I can't help you unfortunately. I only have phpBB and vBulletin experience. What I can say is that it seems it's a cookie/session problem - do you have any hacks installed?

Well I dont know if this is a hack, but I have an RPG mod installed. The log out problem happened before I installed it. I had my friend reinstall the forum 3 times but that didn't do anything to fix it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.