I checked my traffic stats for my link directory and i found out that the traffic exchanges don't really do that much. Most of my traffic comes from the 40+ forums i've joined and have a signature on. Look at my traffic stats for the last 18days for proof of how many people visit my site:

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trafficstatsez2.gif
(this link does not link to my website. it is a screenshot of my traffic stats)

It averages out to be 102.78 visitors per day

I am still joining forums as we speak and using my signature to advertise my link directory.

my advice would be to do what i'm doing because it works.

Sounds interesting.

Same. After i put my email in my sig my spam increased about tenfold.

yes, It does work

Same. After i put my email in my sig my spam increased about tenfold.

classic hopefully you're getting some good deals :icon_cheesygrin:

As long as your site is actually useful then it will work, but if your site is just a load of BS then you may get some traffic but you will not get conversions/registrations because people will see right through it.

i get 60+ emails a day from daniweb about thread notifications lol

i get 60+ emails a day from daniweb about thread notifications lol

You can turn them off in Control Panel unless its an automatic message from a moderator.

i spoek to dani about it. Turning off notifications only affects new threads/posts though. I cant delete all my subscriptions either as i have 134 pages worth ;)

well the image doesn't indicate the sites it comes from...anyway i'm yet to have success this way but i'm told it does work...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.