Hey Folks,

Hope you are all well. Long time no visit for me, but I had a weird question that I am struggling to answer and thought somebody here may be able to help.

I am looking for a camera app for my phone (either Android or iOS) that has the ability to show an existing picture with a degree of transparency when looking through the viewfinder [so to speak] at what the lens is currently seeing. In a nutshell, we have some pictures of our garden and having done a ton of work, I would like to do some before and after pictures. Ideally though I would like them to be as identical in terms of position and direction as possible. To me, the simplest way to achieve this would be to have a transparent existing picture to use to line up with when taking a new picture.

Whatever I search for though is not giving me what I am looking for. It is more than likely me that's the problem, but has anybody seen this or know of an app that can do it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Matrel

I think this exists. I used a Google search with these three words: BEFORE AFTER CAMERA.

To avoid spamming any particular app, I'll share how I found these camera apps.

commented: Unhelpful because google searches are personalized based on location, demographic, and personal search history +0

When I did that Google search, all I got was a whole bunch of tutorials on how to use Adobe Camera Raw with before and after comparisons.

Perhaps try looking for apps that do stuff with augmented reality? Wish I could be more help.

Seems rproffitt has come across such apps. Hopefully he swings by this thread again and could share what they are.

Remember I won't list specific apps because it comes off like spam.

Here's the same three words in the Google Play Store.
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=BEFORE%20AFTER%20CAMERA.

I bet there are such camera apps in the iTunes store too.

As to the Google search, we also have DuckDuckGo which I tried in incognito mode and not, still found the apps I think the OP was looking for.

PS. When I'm looking for a thing, topic or news, finding the right words for the search really helps. This along with not wanting to sound spammy for some app is why I share how I found such an app for the OP above. Think of this like teaching how to fish versus handing out fish.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.