I bought a high end laptop off a guy I met in a pub he showed me the laptop and it was working fine and everything seemed absolutely fine, however 2 weeks later I goto login and it has been locked by the company it has been stolen from so the dodgy gut sold me a stolen laptop, now I know I should just take the loss as I bought a stolen laptop but I didn't know that and it was literally the last money I had which was for a laptop, I have tried resetting it but its definitely a lot harder to unlock than simply installing a new operating system I need to somehow find out how to hack into it to unlock it, I know this is morally wrong so I'm not expecting a lot of replies but I need to ask as I can't afford to just lose it, thanks for your help, Kind Regards Gareth

Is this an Apple laptop?

I have declined to discuss what can happen if it is stolen, your liability, etc. what happens if you take it to an Apple repair shop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.