Hello everyone, my first post (of many to come) here, so i have created my own portfolio website using Laravel, and i was wondering what are the best practices to make it search engine friendly and rank up, am a graphic designer and my portfolio has my works on it, any ideas?

As your website will consist of mainly images and few text (i suppose), you should keep in mind that pages with few text need an extraordinary level of creativity and originality. You'll need to nail the user's search intent.

Don't take too many actions, aimed at specific rankings.

Optimize technically, especially for quick loading (core web vitals) and be sure to optimize your images well (titles, tags, etc.)

Also some structured Data (Schema.org) could help you, present your portfolio in the search results, but i can't assure this, you'll have to check.

Besides all SEO, keep the User in mind. Create something awesone, give value, publish a tool or some infographics for example, which people (inside your target audience) love.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.