Hi Sir,
I am unable to complete windows XP professional setup. I have formatted D, E, F drives after entering into the system. After that I kept a bootable CD and I formatted C drive during setup. After setup has completed copying setup files system is restarting and displaying the error as " WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE OF AN ERROR IN THE SOFTWARE.PLEASE REPORT THIS PROBLEM AS:LOAD NEEDED DLLs FOR KERNEL.PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT PERSON TO REPORT THIS PROBLEM”. On seeing this I pressed enter and the system got restarted and displayed the following error as" A DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED.PRESS CTRL+ALT+DELETE TO RESTART".I hope u people can solve my problem.

This issue may occur if the Hal.dll and Ntoskrnl.exe files are mismatched.

To resolve this issue, start your computer from the Windows CD, and then perform an in-place upgrade of Windows. For additional information about how to do so, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/

This issue may occur if the Hal.dll and Ntoskrnl.exe files are mismatched.

To resolve this issue, start your computer from the Windows CD, and then perform an in-place upgrade of Windows. For additional information about how to do so, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/

Sir
I don't have internet connection.So please specify the alternative for me for this problem .

make sure you have enough free space for the windows files,if not, you may have to format out your old window.then install.

if you mean a windows cd as the boot cd , make sure its not dirty ,and causing the disk read error .
boot to it again and delete c:\ partition,created new partition and format it ,and try the windows install again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.