Hello, I have my "old" windows 7 machine that I would like to maintain as much data and programs as possible. I bought a new Windows 10 machine and noticed that Windows Easy Transfer is not there. I have seen various post online about upgrading to the same machine but they don't seem to apply when dealing with two different machines. Any suggestions?

I'm going to not write about easy transfer alternatives here. You can google that but in case you didn't find it, this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+easy+transfer+alternatives

I will slam Laplink here as the times I used it, what a mess it created.
I might nod to Easeus products as folk tell me it's OK.

That said, I take the move to a new machine as the right time to forget all the old and start fresh. That's how I deal with this.

Backup data. Install new system. Re-install your applications (hope you have the license keys if needed), restore data, and have "fun". I'm sure Win10 will provide you with all the "fun" you need for a long time to come - NOT!

commented: A fresh machine is more fun. +0

I also agree with the above users that would rather start fresh. Things get cluttered over time and a fresh start is .. well... refreshing :)

That being said, I see reports that Profile Wizard gets the job done.(Both local and domain profiles)
Might be worth a look and the personal version is free it seems. (Also portable)

commented: Refreshing. +12
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.